So you want to be an event planner? Okay, maybe you did not choose to become an event planner. Maybe you became office party planner by default, or maybe you want to upgrade your church’s event? Everyone, in some way shape or form is an event planner.
There are many resources, but where do you start? Here are some resources for beginning event planners with some notes to get you started:
Blogs and Websites
- Event Manager’s Blog
- This is one of the most widely read blogs on the topic of event planning. A must read for all event planners.
- Cvent Blogs
- Social Tables Blog
- Hospitality Project Blog
- Special Events
- Event Juice
- Event Planning: The Ultimate Guide To Successful Meetings, Corporate Events, Fundraising Galas, Conferences, Conventions, Incentives and Other Special Events by Judy Allen
- If you are looking for a book that covers just about all things event planning. Judy Allen is a great place to start.
- The Incredible Power of Content Marketing
- Seven Recommended Books on Marketing
- Your Brand is More Than a Logo
- Event Planning Language for Beginners
- Meetings Net
- Meeting Planner Resources
- Event Planning Blueprint
- How to Launch an Event Company
What are some resources that you use on a regular basis?
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Nevertheless, I would not recommend something if I did not think that it was a good product or service. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”